Monday, June 29, 2009

Pleasure on the farm...

How does one derive pleasure on a farm? No, it has nothing to do with moonshine and sheep, you sicko. From food of course!

Last week I lost the "paper, rock, scissors" competition which determined who had the unenviable job of weed-whacking the orchard. But like every seemingly bad situation, there was a silver lining. Whenever I'd need a break from wreaking judgment on the knee high weeds and grass, I'd stop and enjoy some of the delicious cherries from the cherry tree! (shh! don't tell farmer steve!)




Of course I shared, like a good boy should.

Today it was my turn to fix lunch for everybody, and like a magician I distracted their attention away from my amateur cooking skills by exhibiting my masterful baking prowess! Voila! delicious cake, raspberries freshly picked from the garden.



And of course there's hefenwiesen and orange. Is there any more delightful beverage to enjoy on a lazy Saturday afternoon? Methinks not!



It seems that small things are so much more rewarding when they're obtained via the sweat of one's brow. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Damn, Dallion! How do you make your posts so short and sweet? And is that hefenwiesen made on the farm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I wish! They do brew some awfully good ginger beer however.

    ReplyDelete